When choosing a daily dog walker, or when selecting someone to care for your pets when you are out of town, it is always important to choose a professional pet care provider. While family, loved ones, friends, or even neighborhood kids looking for some quick cash may seem like a simple solution, they are often not the best choice for your pet. Here are the top 5 reasons why it is wise to always choose a professional:
1. What if? We never want to imagine worst-case scenarios, but it is always best to be prepared just in case. Professional pet care providers like Fairfax Pet Care are insured and bonded, protecting you and your pet against any negligence or potential theft. Our detailed agreements address issues like emergency vet care, damages to your home, and pet socialization that could prove essential in caring for your pet. We’re also certified in Pet CPR and First Aid in the event of an immediate health concern with your pet. No matter how sincere the intentions of a non-professional, you never want to have to deal with the “what-ifs” without proper protection.
2. Experience. While it may seem simple enough to walk a dog, or feed a cat, there is much to gain from an experienced pet care provider. Our daily focus on providing professional care for dogs and cats makes us experts at what we do. We know what to look for to keep your pets safe and healthy. We know what/who to avoid when out for walks, or when visiting your home while you’re gone. We know important techniques for providing the best possible experience for your pet. We do this for a living, not just for an afternoon, and you can rest assured knowing that your pet and your home are safe in our hands.
3. Consistency and Reliability. By choosing a professional, you’ll know that someone will be there for your pet as promised. If the neighborhood kid gets sick, it is unlikely that she has a back-up. If a friend ends up having an emergency while you are out of town and he can’t stop by to feed your pup as promised, you may find yourself in a very difficult situation. Not to mention that a non-professional will likely be less inclined to arrive on time, or to provide a full visit as expected. And, while a neighbor may be willing to care for your pets this month, you can never be certain they will be around, or available, next month. These are all things that are avoided by choosing a company whose sole focus is to provide you and your pet with consistent, quality care.
4. Relationships. Let’s face it, there is only so many times we can ask a loved one to take care of our pets while we’re gone before we start feeling a little guilty for asking. Many times, friends and family agree to watch our furry pals reluctantly, as they’d rather not take on such a big responsibility. When they do agree, the issue of payment can get confusing, as it is difficult to know the proper compensation for such an important task. If any issues arise, friendships can become strained, with disagreements over who is responsible. In the end, the best approach is to find a friendly, qualified, professional team to help, and avoid risking potential damage to your personal relationships.
5. Attention. We’re pet lovers. We do this because we love spending time with our furry pals, and we care about each and every one of our clients. While a neighbor or friend may be an inexpensive solution, pets may not be a top priority for them. They may go through the motions, providing the basic essentials for your pet’s care, but it is nice to know that your pet is also getting love and attention in the process.
There are many more reasons why choosing a professional is the best possible way to care for your pet when you’re away. For more information on how you can arrange quality, professional care for your dog or cat, please feel free to contact us via our contact page, or call us any time at 571-535-5000.
Call (571) 535-5000 today to give your pet the gift of love and attention